Courses & Events
The India Dialog
Thursday, Feb 23, 2023 - Feb 24, 2023
09:00 am - 05:00 pm
The Indian Economy 2023: Innovation, Competitiveness and Social Progress
2-day Conference: Thursday, February 23 & Friday, February 24, 2023
- Photos of the event can be found at <https://asia.stanford.edu/the-india-dialog-photos/>.
- Video recordings available at <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPHlyQysDLE5fy1HCbrLb8J8dbG4TVrnE>.
The Indian economic and social landscape has experienced crucial transformations in the last decade. The reforms and developmental initiatives in this period aimed at enhancing innovation, competitiveness, and efficiency in the Indian economy. Government policies across health, education, housing, and energy emphasized on sharing prosperity amongst all groups, ensuing equitable regional development and social progress. Despite several external uncertainties, India charted a resilient roadmap for its growth and development through focused policy implementation. To take stock of the transformations in the Indian economy and the social progress achieved in recent years, we are inviting world-leading experts and intellectuals in economics, business, policy-making, and social development to provide their up-to-date perspectives into the state of the India economy in 2023 and into the outlook and challenges for its continued progress.
Sessions include keynote talks, panel discussions, and fireside chats on topics such as the impact of government policies, district and regional economic and social progress, labor force transformation, education and healthcare reform, water governance, entrepreneurial innovation, and international engagement with Silicon Valley / the U.S.
Distinguished speakers include:
- Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
- Bibek Debroy, Chairman, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, Government of India
- Amitabh Kant, G20 Sherpa, Government of India
- Parameswaran Iyer, CEO, NITI Aayog, Government of India
- Nancy Jackson, Deputy Assistant Secretary for India, U.S. State Department
- Christian Ketels, Professor, Harvard Business School
- Nikolaj Gilbert, CEO, Path
Advanced registration required by 2/21/2023. Walk-ins not permitted.
Jen-Hsun Huang Engineering Center, Mackenzie Room (#300), 475 Via Ortega, 3rd Floor, Stanford, CA 94305 (Google Map)
To purchase an all-day “A” parking permit for $16.25, please register your vehicle below for each day. Registration can be done in advance. The “A” permit will allow you to park in any A or C parking spot on campus.
- 2/23: https://stanford.nupark.com/v2/portal/eventregister/6752aafa-e2bb-4f61-80d9-8650beda62de
- 2/24: https://stanford.nupark.com/v2/portal/eventregister/a991bbe9-5c13-44f9-b096-9de84bf9efda
- Via Ortega Garage, 498 Via Ortega, Stanford, CA 94305 (Google Map)
- Roble Field Garage, Via Ortega Dr., Stanford, CA 94305 (Google Map)
Hourly guest parking is also available using https://parkmobile.io/.
Please contact Briana Burrows at firstname.lastname@example.org